[Watch] Largest Sail-Assisted Motor Yacht on Sea Trials
The world’s largest sailing yacht sail-assisted motor yacht sets out for a series of sea trials off the coast of Germany. The vessel is named as Sailing Yacht A.
It is built for Russian billionaire Andrey Melnichenko, owner of the unmistakable Motor Yacht A.
- It is 142.81 meters long.
- It has a molded beam of 24.88 meters
- It has a hybrid diesel-electric propulsion package featuring two MTU 3,600 kW diesel engines and 4,300 kW electric motors driving controllable pitch propellers.
- The yacht’s 3 carbon composite masts said to be largest and most technologically advanced free-standing masts in the world, were constructed by Magma Structures in the UK.
- The yacht is designed by the Dutch design firm Dykstra Naval Architects
- German Naval Yards build it in Kiel, Germany.
- The yacht is expected to be delivered in 2016.
Watch the above video for the maiden float of the world’s largest sail-assisted motor Yacht.
Source: USA Network News on YouTube