- A.P. Moller-Maersk (Maersk) appoints Charles van der Steene as the new Regional President for North America, effective from February 1, 2024.
- Van der Steene will join Maersk’s Executive Leadership Team as part of his new role.
- Van der Steene, a logistics industry veteran, has been with Maersk since 2011, possessing extensive experience in commercial leadership, operations, and general management.
- North America is Maersk’s primary market, and Van der Steene’s leadership is seen as crucial to guiding the regional organization in delivering integrated global logistics.
- Van der Steene expresses enthusiasm for rejoining the North American team and highlights the company’s recent investments in expanding its end-to-end capabilities to meet customer needs for predictability and stability in its supply chains.
Maersk’s New North America President
A.P. Moller – Maersk (Maersk), the integrated logistics company, is delighted to appoint Charles van der Steene as the new Regional President for North America, effective February 1, 2024. This appointment will integrate van der Steene into the company’s Executive Leadership Team.
A logistics industry veteran, van der Steene joined Maersk in 2011 with deep global experience in commercial leadership, operations, and general management. He previously led Maersk’s commercial organization in North America and most recently headed up Maersk’s Global Commercial Excellence and Transformation organization.
Narin Phol, who has served in the role of Regional President of North America since 2019, will move into the role of Chief Product Officer for Logistics & Services on the Executive Leadership team and will be based in Copenhagen.
Van der Steen’s Vision For Maersk’s North America
Charles has a proven track record and enjoys great respect among our North American customers and within the Maersk organization as a natural collaborator and leader. North America is our number one market, and Charles takes the helm of a very well-run organization. The steady hand he brings to the role is well-suited to guide the regional organization as it delivers integrated global logistics to the customers we serve.
I’m thrilled to be rejoining our talented team in North America, where we’ve invested significantly in growing our end-to-end capabilities in recent years. In today’s volatile times, our customers need a logistics partner who can fight in their corner. I’m excited to be part of a team committed to bringing predictability and stability to our customer’s supply chains.
Did you subscribe to our daily Newsletter?
It’s Free! Click here to Subscribe