One of the world’s leading shipping group, CMA CGM Group, has announced the delivery of the CMA CGM VASCO DE GAMA. This 18,000 TEUs vessel, which will sail under the UK flag, is built by the Chinese shipyard, China State Shipbuilding Corporation.
Calling 11 various countries, this CMA CGM VASCO DE GAMA has been positioned on one of the most emblematic lines of the CMA CGM Group: The French Asia Line – FAL. The FAL joins both Europe and Asia with one another.
Some general features of CMA CGM VASCO DE GAMA:
- Largest containership of CMA CGM Group with 399 meters length and 54 meters width.
- Vested with a capacity to transport almost 200,000 tons of goods.
- Destined to sail across European, the Middle East and Asian Markets.
Some latest environmental technologies of CMA CGM VASCO DE GAMA:
- One of the greenest goods transport means in the world.
- Is estimated to emit 37g of CO2/km for each container.
- Equipped with latest generation engine type, a twisted leading edge rudder with bulb, an optimized hull design.
- Innovative design reduces the CO2 emissions by 10% compared to the previous generation.
Besides, the CMA CGM VASCO DE GAMA environmental footprint responds to the 2025 energy efficiency regulations. Chinese shipyard, China State Shipbuilding Corporation, has planned to deliver the other 2 vessels CMA CGM ZHENG HE and CMA CGM BENJAMIN FRANKLIN in September and November respectively.
The CMA CGM VASCO DE GAMA is named after the 16th-century Portuguese explorer Vasco de Gama.