- COSCO bulk carrier Feng De Hai arrived at Istanbul anchorage from Ukraine.
- The Captain was already dead when the ship arrived at Istanbul.
- It was later said that he died from coronavirus, though there’s absolutely no clarity in the incident.
COSCO bulk carrier Captain dies, reportedly from coronavirus, on board, writes Stepan Kotcherga for Maritime Bulletin.
Captain dies of Coronavirus?
COSCO bulk carrier Feng De Hai arrived at Istanbul anchorage Marmara sea on March 26 from Conakry, Guinea, bound for Dneprobugskiy, Ukraine.
The Captain was already dead when the ship arrived at Istanbul. Later it was said, that he died from coronavirus, though there’s absolutely no clarity in the whole story.
Information on the Captain’s death is very minimal, as to did he die during voyage, or while the ship was already anchored, or was he found to be infected after his death.
His body was taken from the ship, to be transferred to his homeland.
Vessel resume operation
The ship resumed sailing on March 28. She transited Bosphorus, crossed Black sea and anchored at Yuzhniy Port Anchorage in the afternoon March 30.
- According to Ukrainian sources, medical check is under way, probably the ship will be put under quarantine.
- According to Trade Winds citing COSCO statement, crew already got clean bill of health.
Did you subscribe to our daily newsletter?
It’s Free! Click here to Subscribe!
Source: Maritime Bulletin