The heavy-lift vessel Happy Star is all set to carry a total of 22 vessels from several Damen shipyards. This is Damen’s largest transportation of stock vessels to date. The operation ready vessels will be ready for immediate sale.
- Vessels can swiftly be put into operation.
- The transport is a welcome opportunity to accommodate the requirements of clients on the west coasts of Africa and Europe looking for smaller tugs and pontoons.
- The scope of the transport was derived with a close eye on the needs of clients in Scandinavia, Western Europe and Africa.
- Included in the transport are Damen ASD Tugs 2310, 2411 and 3212, Stan Tugs 1606, 1004 and 1907, Stan Pontoons 5213 and 3011 and the above mentioned FCS 2610 vessels.
- For Damen, the shipment marked as ready for sale, the largest transportation of stock vessels which also included several already sold vessels, such as in North Sea, two Fast Crew Suppliers (FCS) 2610 vessels to service offshore wind farms.
- Industries such as fish farming, heavy lifting, contracting work, harbour assistance and dredging will benefit from reduced shipping costs.
Damen Service Coordinator Deliveries John Slijkoord explained Damen’s selection of BigLift for the project, saying, “As soon as we got the completed scope we put it out on the market with our requirements– BigLift met all of these.” The heavy-lift specialist operates a fleet of fifteen vessels. Happy Star is equipped with two 900 tonne heavy-lift mast cranes, 3,280 m2 of unobstructed deck space, and a weather deck with pontoon hatch covers extending the full length of the ship.