- Langh Tech and STX Offshore & Shipbuilding signed a 7 vessel scrubber installation deal.
- The open loop scrubbers installation will be done as turnkey deliveries in the Polaris fleet.
- With the deliveries pipelined in the summer of 2019, Langh Tech is planning to forge further such deals with the Korean Shipping industry.
- They are looking to gain a foothold in the Korean market as component sales to new buildings yards and scrubbers installations.
- They have begun training commissioned enginers and local servicemen for this purpose.
In a major development, Langh Tech has taken up the scrubbers challenge. They have signed a deal with STX Offshore & Shipbuilding (STX O&S) for retrofitting on seven vessels in the Polaris fleet, reports the Industry Europe.
Details of the Agreement
- The four 180K bulkers and the three 300K VLOCs in the fleet will be equipped with Langh Tech’s open loop scrubbers.
- The scrubber installations will be done as turn key deliveries by STX O&S.
- On each of the vessels the main engine and the three auxiliaries are connected to the scrubber.
- The scrubbers are multi-inlet type and Langh Tech delivers all the equipment necessary for a fully working open loop system.
- The component deliveries will start in summer 2019 and the installations will follow soon after component delivery.
What’s in it for the company?
Langh Tech is well established in Korea and locally represented by Regional Manager Mr. Simon Kim. “I believe that this scrubber retrofit contract with Polaris Shipping will be a great milestone for Langh Tech to cooperate with many other esteemed Korean shipping companies in the future”, says Mr. Kim.
Langh Tech Scrubber Scene
Langh Tech is starting training of local service and commissioning engineers for the Korean market. This will in the future safeguard short reaction time for service visits in Korean and other near-by ports. Langh Tech scrubber manufacturing has been done in Europe, but now Langh Tech will start scrubber tower production also in Korea. “We look forward to further strengthen our position in the Korean market, both as component sales to new building yards and to retrofit installations”, says Langh Tech’s Commercial Director Laura Langh-Lagerlöf.
Langh Tech designs and produces scrubbers for SOx removal from exhaust gases and water treatment units for closed loop scrubbers. Langh Tech is one of the Langh companies, which also include ship owning Langh Ship, steel carriage and bulk containers from Langh Cargo Solutions and Industrial and Ship Cleaning Services Hans Langh.
Did you subscribe for our daily newsletter?
It’s Free! Click here to Subscribe!
Source: Industry Europe