There are six candidates for the position of Secretary-General of IMO. They are:
- Andreas Chrysostomou (Cyprus),
- Vitaly Klyuev (Russian Federation),
- Ki-tack Lim (South Korea),
- Maximo Q.Mejia, Jr. (Philippines),
- Andreas Nordseth, (Denmark), and
- Juvenal Shiundu, (Kenya).
The election will be held at the 114th session of the 40-member strong IMO council, which meets from 29 June to 3 July 2015. The Present incumbent, Koji Sekimizu, ends his four-year term as Secretary-General on 31 December 2015.