Here is the fastest and easiest way to temporarily repair pipe leaks and bursts in less than 60 seconds by a single operator without the use of tools.
Rapid Repair Clamp is a new product from the World Wide Metric Company and this is a very useful product for any industry that involves in movement of fluids or liquid gases under pressure. This system serves as a backup safety plan for the security of systems. This system can prevent costly damages in an emergency situation and minimise downtime and maintenance cost.
Watch Live Demo:
Highlights of Rapid Repair Clamp:
- It is made from marine-grade 316 stainless steel.
- The clamp features a Nitrile lip-seal which makes it suitable for water, gas and most petroleum liquids.
- It can fit the pipe sizes ranging from DN 38 – DN 500.
- This can be used in pipes up to 20 bar pressure.
- The product is reusable.
- It features a simple cam locks and chain design that is easily adjustable.
- It can be used in pipes ranging from 38 to 500 mm in diameter.
- The width ranges from 70 to 272 mm (2.75 to 10.70 inches).
- It can withstand high corrosion.
The self-contained design allows just only one person to install it in less than 60 seconds without the use of any tools. In fact, tests conducted by the Australian Government of Defence and the Royal Australian Navy found the Rapid Repair Clamp to be five times faster than standard repair clamps.
First, place the clamp around the damaged pipe away from the immediate leak. Pre-tension the chain and locking handle so that the clamp properly suits the pipe diameter. Next, slide the clamp sideways and centre the gasket directly over the leak. To stop the leak, pull the locking handle so that the rapid repair clamp closes tightly around the pipe and the handle locks in place. Afterwards, the clamp can be loosened or tightened as needed by using the convenient adjustment nut.
This is going to be a very important purchase order in future, especially by marine engineers who always think dare about what if any leakage occurs during the cargo operation where time is considered as money.
This new system developed helps to protect crew and assets in various industries such as
- Naval Surface and Sub-Surface Fleets
- Military Steel Pipe Fluid Distribution
- Merchant Marine
- Oil and Gas
- Food and Dairy
- Building and Construction.
Source: World Wide Metric: Blog