Stacey Uncovers The Country With Highest Violence Rate Against Women
The Worst Place To Be A Women – Stacey Investigates
Stacey Dooley travels to a tiny country but with highest murder rates for young females is so tearful. Honduras – A country with little Justice for Women. It is also known as the murder capital of the world.
- Stacey’s short trip witnessed 16 murders.
- For every 13 hours, one woman is killed, where no one addresses it.
- In 2014, Miss Honduras Maria Jose Alvaro and her sister Sofia were shot dead by the latter’s boyfriend at a party.
- The witnesses are too afraid to come front, and the killer walks freely.
- Stacey reveals it’s dangerous to be beautiful women here.
- Violence against women is so common in Honduras with the name Femicide.
- As the drug wars rage on between gangs, a culture of violence has bled its way from the streets, into the home.
Stacey witnesses a horror. She explains with tears, “It’s another brutal murder.This is the 865th body they’ve had here in four months. It starts to become just numbers and then when you see the bodies, that is someone’s mum, that is someone’s baby, it’s impossible to understand how they can live with this. I’ve only been here a short time, and I’m struggling”.