Transas is a global leader in developing and supplying a wide range of IT solutions for the marine Industry. Transas operates more than 20 proprietary regional offices as well as its network of partners serving Transas customers globally.
On 22nd September 2015, the company announced its new Chief Executive Officer(CEO) – Mr. Frank Coles. He is also a member of the Board of Directors in Transas Marine.
Profile of Mr. Coles:
- He is a maritime business professional with extensive leadership experience in maritime operations and technology.
- He served as the President of Inmarsat Maritime, leading the unit through a return to growth and integration of several acquisitions.
- He also worked as the CEO of Globe Wireless during a period of significant growth in the development of innovative hardware and software solutions.
- He is a Master Mariner and holds a Masters degree in Maritime Law from the University of Wales.
- He spent five years as a maritime lawyer.
- He served as Operations Director for Pacific Basin Bulk Shipping in Hong Kong.
On his appointment, Mr. Coles said, “Transas Marine is an agile, innovative, market leading organization and this is an extremely exciting opportunity to participate in the integration and consolidation of technology, efficiency and operations of the maritime industry.”