Innovation: Wartsila Unveils Mobile LNG
The Mobile LNG has been developed for enabling LNG power generation where pipelines and large-scale LNG receiving terminals are not feasible.
Wartsila has developed a new LNG (liquefied natural gas) storage and regasification barge concept. Wartsila Marine Solutions along with Energy Solutions Businesses developed this concept.
About Mobile LNG Solution:
- An ideal solution for shallow water areas where access for larger vessels would not be possible without major jetty constructions or dredging operations.
- It involves lower capital investments and fast delivery.
- A barge-mounted power plant having an output capacity of up to 250 MW can be combined easily with Mobile LNG solution.
- It can also be used to supply conventional land-based power plants.
- The flexibility of location can bring clean energy to areas that have only limited or no access to the national electricity grid.
- New consumer segments can avail LNG, and both utilities and end-users will be benefitted.
- It can be easily re-located giving it a high resale value, hence, mobile.
Wartsila will present this innovation in Gastech conference and exhibition in Singapore between 27-30 October 2015.
The Wärtsilä Mobile LNG can easily be combined with a barge-mounted power plant having an output capacity of up to 250 MW:
The LNG is transferred by a small scale LNG carrier:
Timo Koponen, Vice President, Flow and Gas Solutions, Wärtsilä Marine Solutions quoted: “Wärtsilä’s solutions support the entire gas value chain, from drilling and production to delivery, liquefaction, regasification, storage, and power generation. This latest innovation is one more important step towards completing our LNG infrastructure offering. Most existing facilities are geared for larger-scale users, whereas the Wärtsilä Mobile LNG offers a flexible and mobile option for small to medium requirements.”