[Amazing] Revolution in Multigas Carrier Design
Deltamarin Ltd and Brevik Technology have jointly launched a novel multigas carrier design.
Deltamarin’s B.Delta and the cylindrical gas tanks by Brevik Technology is combined together and delivers a cost-efficient and easy-to-build solution. This carrier is now available to the gas carrier market. This design can be utilised for LNG, LPG, LEG and ethane carriers.
Highlights of the design:
- The cylindrical tank design allows the tanks to expand in all directions.
- The independent containment system, results in better possibilities to utilise the existing well-proven ship design.
- It is a bulk carrier design equipped with cylindrical tanks for the gas cargo.
- The vessel is easier and cheaper to build compared to a traditional gas carrier.
- Many shipyards have the potential to construct such a vessel.
- This technology is highly competitive economical.
- Smaller-scale gas carriers of 31,000 m3 are currently available in the market.
- The design will also be available for retrofit vessels.
- Medium- and larger-scale vessels will also be provided with a similar design are planned for future.
- The idea will boost the industry development and offer a cost-efficient solution to the ship owners.
- This makes the construction of gas carriers easier
“Up to now gas carriers have been complex and expensive to design and construct. This is not the case anymore as Brevik Technology has developed cylindrical steel tanks, which are separate from the vessel hull”, explains Brevik Technology’s Managing Director Øystein Kristoffersen Sæther.
“This is where the ship owner can get significant benefits by choosing a readily available and highly efficient B.Delta hull design already proven in operation”, says Deltamarin’s Managing Director Mika Laurilehto.