Wärtsilä Nacos Platinum System for 27 Maersk Boxships
Wärtsilä has been contracted to supply the Wärtsilä Nacos Platinum integrated navigation, automation and propulsion control systems for 27 Maersk boxships.
Wartsila will supply the Wärtsilä Nacos Platinum integrated navigation, automation and propulsion control systems for 27 new container vessels being built for the Danish conglomerate. The contracts with Wärtsilä were signed in July and October 2015, and January 2016. Wartsila will supply the Nacos platinum kit to yards in China and South Korea starting next month.
With these orders, the latest 47 new buildings in the Maersk line fleet will all be fitted with the Wärtsilä Nacos Platinum system, thus emphasising its market application success. Wärtsilä will also provide a power management system and control consoles, as well as external communication facilities.
Highlights of Nacos Platinum:
- The system integrates the functions of navigation, automation, power and propulsion into a single platform.
- It enables the crew to monitor the vessel’s condition from various onboard positions.
- The multi-functional operator stations enable unequalled flexibility and convenience.
- The increasing levels of automation and ship wide connectivity of essential sources of information reduces operational expenditure.
- Provides solution for the ongoing and growing need for data both internally as well as externally.
“The broad scope of solutions to be provided by Wärtsilä represents further evidence of the company’s extensive portfolio to the global shipping industry. Wärtsilä’s capability to offer owners and operators fully integrated navigation and automation control systems underlines the company’s position as the market leader for such systems – especially for high specification container vessels,” says Stephan Kuhn, Vice President, Electrical & Automation, Wärtsilä Marine Solutions.